Question: When I try to install Radialpoint Titanium Managed Security, I get an error that says that Windows Installer Service 3.1 or later is required. What should I do?
Error Message: Radialpoint Titanium Managed Security requires Windows Installer Service version 3.1 or later. To upgrade your Windows Installer Service, visit www.microsoft.com.
Answer: To upgrade your Windows Installer Service:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
- Click on the Download button next to WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe.
- Once the download is completed, click the Run button.
- If the Windows Security Warning show, click the Run button once more.
- The Windows Installer installation will begin, click on the Next button.
- Click I Agree on the License Terms page, then click on the Next button.
- Once the installation process is complete, click on the Finish button. This last step will restart your computer. Then you will be able to restart the Radialpoint Titanium Managed Security installation process.